Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bigger at Trader Joe's


Candid shot by my friend Dawn as I search for wholesome foods....at Trader Joe's in Phoenix (ha! I'm looking for chocolate covered goodness). I promise to post soon about my new findings on painting the baby room and toxic chemicals, microwaves, baby friendly cleaning products, my rage at the episiotomy rate in the US, and my humorous home birth supply list.

Personal update: I'm 31 weeks -- PHEW... but still feeling great. Started cross-country skiing and have been having a blast with that. THINK SNOW! Had a 28 week ultra sound and everything checked out great. We ended up doing another one despite my slight concerns over the lack of research on ultrasounds. We did it because I came up at 20 weeks with low amniotic fluid (apparently a very objective measurement at 20 weeks) and at 28 weeks, I "felt" find to the midwives and measured perfectly with great weight gain. They felt confident I was fine, but it's always nice to have a medical reassurance. The baby weighs in at about 3 pounds 9 oz (educated guess by radiologist) and s/he is really beginning to look like a baby. It was my last ultrasound. The little bean is moving more now but seems to like one position best-- head down (thank goodness). I made it through all the holiday parties without a drop of alcohol but I am already looking forward to parties next year. I didn't however make it through the holidays without gaining some weight 6 pounds in two weeks. YIKES!! I gained 6 pounds in a month last time. OUCH! So I'm cutting the sugar, increasing the healthy stuff and even went swimming with Matt this week. I look hilarious in a swim suit-- I'll take a photo.

Recommendation of the week: support hose. I kid you not. If you stand a lot (or sit at the computer) and are pregnant, hose worn to the knee can really REALLY help with circulation and keeping the edema down. I love my Dansko clogs as a complimentary helper.

Less than 10 weeks to go.

No comments: