Thursday, February 21, 2008

38 week visit

Ah, so somehow since last week, I've gained 2 more pounds. I'm up to 40 pounds now. That's right, 180 lbs (SADLY, I was 5-8 lbs overweight when I got pregnant). Funny thing is when I get on the scale I keep forgetting to move the 100 pound weight to 150. They say it all going to the baby now... which is scary. I saw a 13 day old newborn just yesterday which was 6.5 pounds and it looked HUGE (and cute).... so the new estimate after yesterday's visit to the midwives is 7 pounds now... perhaps 8 pounds at the birth. My mom was in town visiting and came with me to the visit and remarked how much time the midwives spent with me: approx. 45 minutes, just chatting and answering questions. She remembered her doctor never spent 45 minutes with her at any visit. This is a huge benefit of a small Midwifery Clinic, PERSONAL attention. I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed my experience with these ladies. Dawn Kish, my friend and photographer will come with me next week to photograph my **LAST** visit... HA! I'm sure I'll go late. Due date is approaching. March 7th here we come. I can't wait to meet the new baby, lose 20 pounds and get this show on the road.

2 comments:

Mary Jessica said...

Oh, you are SO CLOSE to the end! How exciting!

If it makes you feel better, I gained 60 (!!!!!) pounds and was around 190 pounds by the time Tommy (who, remember, was 10 pounds, 1 ounce) was born. And I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight now, more or less. It took awhile, but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I definitely did not watch what I ate AT ALL that last trimester though, which might have helped...

Hang in there! I'm so excited for you! (And those photos are gorgeous.)

Cameron Clark said...

Holy smokes. 10 pounds 1 oz. You are my hero. When I read your birth story I didn't have any idea about baby weight. Now I'm hoping for a 7 pounder, but I think I'm already there. I haven't been eating a ton lately because I simply cannot fit it in there but there is some chocolate cake downstairs that I am kinda feeling like eating. I'm sure I'll gain a few more lbs before the birth and that will be fine. I'm hoping to lose a LOT at the birth and from breastfeeding. I know it will come off, I simply cannot stand being overweight. It's TOO uncomfortable.