Thursday, February 21, 2008

38 week visit

Ah, so somehow since last week, I've gained 2 more pounds. I'm up to 40 pounds now. That's right, 180 lbs (SADLY, I was 5-8 lbs overweight when I got pregnant). Funny thing is when I get on the scale I keep forgetting to move the 100 pound weight to 150. They say it all going to the baby now... which is scary. I saw a 13 day old newborn just yesterday which was 6.5 pounds and it looked HUGE (and cute).... so the new estimate after yesterday's visit to the midwives is 7 pounds now... perhaps 8 pounds at the birth. My mom was in town visiting and came with me to the visit and remarked how much time the midwives spent with me: approx. 45 minutes, just chatting and answering questions. She remembered her doctor never spent 45 minutes with her at any visit. This is a huge benefit of a small Midwifery Clinic, PERSONAL attention. I can't say enough how much I've enjoyed my experience with these ladies. Dawn Kish, my friend and photographer will come with me next week to photograph my **LAST** visit... HA! I'm sure I'll go late. Due date is approaching. March 7th here we come. I can't wait to meet the new baby, lose 20 pounds and get this show on the road.

2 comments:

Mary Jessica said...

Oh, you are SO CLOSE to the end! How exciting!

If it makes you feel better, I gained 60 (!!!!!) pounds and was around 190 pounds by the time Tommy (who, remember, was 10 pounds, 1 ounce) was born. And I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight now, more or less. It took awhile, but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I definitely did not watch what I ate AT ALL that last trimester though, which might have helped...

Hang in there! I'm so excited for you! (And those photos are gorgeous.)

Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

Holy smokes. 10 pounds 1 oz. You are my hero. When I read your birth story I didn't have any idea about baby weight. Now I'm hoping for a 7 pounder, but I think I'm already there. I haven't been eating a ton lately because I simply cannot fit it in there but there is some chocolate cake downstairs that I am kinda feeling like eating. I'm sure I'll gain a few more lbs before the birth and that will be fine. I'm hoping to lose a LOT at the birth and from breastfeeding. I know it will come off, I simply cannot stand being overweight. It's TOO uncomfortable.