Sunday, May 18, 2008

Make your own nursing necklace!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been out of the picture a bit - but, like you all, I've been more than happy to enjoy Cameron's stories (and gorgeous photos).

Thought I'd finally chime in and suggest a fun craft project: nursing necklaces.



My friend Catherine and I made these as display items to inspire other moms for the first Breastfeeding in the Park event here in Athens, Georgia (Catherine made those beauties with the sea shells).

More than one mom asked me what a nursing necklace is. It's simply something to occupy busy (or pinching!) hands and roving eyes when you would like nursing sessions to be a little more focused (ie: nursing in public with a clothes-tearing octopus baby!). Obviously, you can use any sturdy necklace you already own, but it's a great project for moms (and friends of moms, and moms of moms!) who are crafty.

Here's the instruction sheet we had at the event. Go to it!

1 comment:

Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

oh oh! How cool is that? I can see where this would come in handy. Little Owen is getting distracted easily at the breast lately. It can be messy; however, when he smiles at me and a bucket of milk just pours out his little mouth onto my skin, bra or outfit. mmmmm mmmm good. Matt is notorious for coming over while we're nursing and making him smile.